Day 3 God is Love
I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you. Again I will build you, and you shall be built. - Jeremiah 31:3-4 (ESV)
Love originates with God. He is the author of love in all its purest forms. Everything He does comes from that place of love. Even when He’s convicting, encouraging, challenging, or ________ (fill in the blank). Whatever He does, He does so completely in love. Throughout these 21 Days, we will be focused on different attributes of God. One thing we need to remember is this: He is who He is in the context of His everlasting and ongoing love for you and me.
Suggested Guided Prayer Focuses:
Wait on the Lord and write down what you see, sense, and or hear as you go through each of the things below. Don’t second guess the answers. Remember that His love is extravagant!
- Father, I ask for a fresh revelation or picture of your love.
- Father, I ask for a fresh revelation or picture of your love (specifically) for me.
- Father, I ask for a fresh revelation of Your love for my neighbor, enemy, and family.
- Take the answers from your prayer time and thank Him for the different ways He loves you and others. Throughout these 21 Days, prayerfully lean into thanksgiving for His love. If it’s hard to receive or believe that this kind of love exists, pray until you believe it.
- Ask the Lord how you can love on someone today and do it!
I listened to the song "Pieces" (https://youtu.be/P0FW--zidYA) from the 21 Days Worship Playlist and will dwell on these thoughts today...
Your love is wild
Your love is wild for me
It isn't shy, it's unashamed
Your love is proud
To be seen with me
'Cause You don't give Your heart in pieces
You don't hide Yourself to tease us
I've been waking up every day in the 21 days of prayer with songs coming to mind almost immediately as I get up. Today's song is "Who is Like the Lord?" https://youtu.be/btjYWBWRoEs
Who is like the Lord, strong in battle
Who is like the Lord, mighty to save
Who is like the Lord, King forever
Jesus reigns, Jesus reigns