Day 15 God is the Lord of the Feast
The Lord can change the heart of a king, like he can change the course of a river. - Proverbs 21:1
The Earth is the Lord’s and everything in it, the world and all who live in it. - Psalm 24:1
On this mountain the Lord Almighty will prepare a feast of rich food for all people. - Isaiah 25:6
What in the world can God do? Let me ask that again, what in all of the earth, our human race and the world around us can God do? Can He cause wars to cease? Is He sovereign over world leaders? Can He end a famine or stop murder? Proverbs 21:1 and Psalm 24:1 state clearly that our God is All Powerful and can change the course of history with one thought. That sounds pretty incredible, doesn’t it? There may be a literal feast ahead, but there is plenty that He has to offer us right now.
Suggested Guided Prayer Focus:
- God, I know that You are much bigger than anything else in my life. You can change the world in the blink of an eye as You created all of this world from dust. Let me see life’s circumstances, my community, my school, and the political temperature in our world in light of You and Your perspective.
- Of all of the good things of God He has for us to feast on – His Peace, His Faithfulness, His nearness and intimacy, His wisdom, His provision, His healing – which of these do you need to kneel at the throne of God and request for those around you today?
- What is it in our world that you want to ask God to do today in His all powerful strength?
- Spend time making a specific request of the Lord of the Feast to feed our community, school, nation, and world with his delicacies.
- “Make A Difference” and see how you can serve at Stonecrest or your community. Show a person how the Lord gives generously and provides for our needs.
- Spend a few moments listing to “Unstoppable God” by Sanctus Real. Praise His for being the Lord of the Feast!
We made a difference today by donating food, stuffing envelopes, and giving to the people who need it.
That's a great way to spend a day on and not a day off Jeremiah!
Way to go, Jeremiah! It's awesome to hear how you and your family are serving your community.